Development Officer/Major Gifts
The Development Officer/Major Gifts is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of ASU-Beebe fundraising activities including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, specials events and capital campaigns. The Officer reports directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Institutional Advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Build the planned giving program and endowments with a focus on deferred gifts.
2. Identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts from alumni and friends and managing relationships with prospective donors.
3. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
4. Coordinate and direct capital campaigns, major fundraising activities and special events.
5. Responsible for maintaining development records on all donors, activities, and relationships.
6. Develop and oversee prospect research.
7. Work closely with Associate Vice Chancellor of Institutional Advancement, Chancellor, Development Council, Board of Visitors and President of the Arkansas State University System Foundation, Inc.
8. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to represent ASUBand the Advancement team at local and business community meetings, events, etc. to share information about ASUB as assigned.
9. Plan and staff quarterly all ASUB development council meetings.
10. Create and implement a comprehensive development plan for ASU-Beebe.
11. Collaborate with Executive Director of Marketing and PR in creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
12. Provide oversight fundraising database and tracking systems. Responsible for maintaining development records on all donors, activities, and build relationships.
13. Create effective and impactful proposals and other communications to prospects/donors based on ASUB strategic priorities and prospect interest.
14. Steward existing relationships and prepare reports for donors reflecting the uses of their gifts and maintain other gift recognition programs.
15. Develop a comprehensive understanding of the college, its history, programs and funding priorities and be able to articulate the ASUB story to prospects, donors and our stakeholders.
16. Demonstrate professional conduct at all times while representing ASUBeebe.
Some light travel and occasional overnight travel is required.
Bachelors degree plus 3 years related experience and/or training, and 19 to 23 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in fundraising, capital campaigns, and supervision of such activities.