Vice President and Dean of Administrative Services (CFO/COO)
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: March 12, 2018
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Vice President and Dean of Administrative Services (CFO/COO)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Administrative Services
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the President of Westchester Community College, the Vice President and Dean of Administrative Services (CFO/COO) serves as Treasurer of the College and is responsible for the financial and business administration of Westchester Community College. This astute and accomplished financial leader will plan, direct, develop and implement financial systems and procedures that include: budget preparation, analysis and control; general accounting services; benefits administration; auxiliary enterprise oversight (e.g., food and vending operations); purchasing, procurement, and contract management; working with independent, federal, and NYS auditors; internal audit; plant management and maintenance; facilities planning, construction, and operations; risk management; and security and safety services. As Chief Financial Officer and member of the President’s Cabinet, the incumbent is a collaborative leader and strategic partner who forges strong working relationships and partnerships across divisions, understands and values shared governance, and promotes an inclusive environment on behalf of student success and academic achievement. Direct and indirect supervision is exercised over a substantial number of administrative and subordinate employees. The VP and Dean of Administrative Services (CFO/COO):
- Collaborates with the President and senior administrators to analyze, evaluate, and prioritize strategic initiatives that promote student success and academic achievement efforts through efficient, effective, and sustainable allocation of resources;
- Supports the Board of Trustees’ Finance Committee and sets financial policy, as Treasurer, conducting long range planning projects and studies to enable the College to achieve its mission by providing financial leadership and safeguarding financial assets and resources; Leads the College’s treasury function including investments and cash flow;
- Supervises the collection of tuition and fees, including accounts receivable, state and federal grants, gifts, rents and royalties, investments, securities, and real estate;
- Serves as the primary liaison to County departments, local, state and federal government agencies, academic institutions, consultants, non-profit agencies, SUNY System Office, and others on matters relating to the financial and administrative affairs of the college, or as assigned by the President;
- Ensures regulatory compliance and providing timely delivery of a wide array of business, facilities and other services to internal and external constituents;
- Directs the operations for all facilities maintenance and construction;
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and six years’ experience, three years of which must have been in an executive leadership capacity, is required. CPA is a plus. The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. S/he must have the ability to crystallize complex financial information into lay terms and to effectively articulate the College’s financial vision, strengths, goals, and requirements to a wide range of audiences, both internal and external. S/he must also understand the political, social, and economic factors shaping the future of public higher education, and possess political astuteness to develop strong partnerships with county, State, and SUNY systems and officials.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The minimum starting salary is $142,186, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include comprehensive health coverage, the choice of a defined benefit or a defined contribution pension plan, generous leave benefits, and access to tax shelter annuities and a deferred compensation plan.
TO APPLY: The search is extended. Previous applicants need not re-apply. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) letters of recommendation to: email@example.com. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Vice President and Dean of Administrative Services (CFO/COO)” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. AA/EOE.