Network Support Specialist I
This position performs specialized duties in the area of Information Security & Network Services. In addition to supporting many servers and systems for Information Technology Services, this position also helps support the institution’s Information Security Program under direction of the Director of Information Security and Network Services.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Provides support for the installation, use, and maintenance of server operating systems, services, applications, hardware, and networking equipment.
• Responds to requests from assistance from other ITS personnel and from end-users.
• Assists students and employees with the resolution of account issues.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of the college’s telecommunications systems.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of wired and wireless networks.
• Assists with the maintenance of college servers.
• Assists with the maintenance of Active Directory.
• Assists with the maintenance of Office 365.
• Assists with the maintenance of college’s physical security systems.
• Coordinates with other ITS personnel in order to diagnose and resolve system problems.
• Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager; logs details and updates request status.
• This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust.
• Performs related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of information technology systems and internal controls.
• Knowledge of information technology best practices.
• Some knowledge of networking.
• Some knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012 R2.
• Some knowledge of virtualization technologies.
• Knowledge of computer system design, architecture, and methodologies.
• Knowledge of relevant local, state and federal laws.
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Position open until filled and applications will be screened as received.