University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Join the premier Maternal Fetal Medicine group in Colorado. Our team works together to care for patients with familial disorders, advanced maternal age, fetal abnormalities and preconception concerns. This position offers the opportunity to be part of the Maternal Fetal Medicine division including all aspects of our mission (clinical, education and research).
This posting is for two positions. One will be located at our Children's Hospital Colorado Location and the other will be located at our School of Medicine and UChealth locations.
- Provides genetic counseling to patients preconceptually, prenatally or postnatally with known or suspected fetal anomalies, or inheritable conditions
- Work closely with a customer service and education focused team of Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians and pediatric subspecialists caring for pregnant patients
- Resident, Fellow and Genetic Counseling Student Education
- Research opportunities available
- Collects, reviews and interprets family/medical histories, medical records, test results, and other relevant/necessary information. Coordinates testing and communicates results to patients and their referring healthcare providers in a timely manner. Develops genetic counseling plans, including risk assessment, referrals, education, and discussion of treatment/management options. Provides education and counseling to patients and their families in a client-centered manner. . Identifies and provides referrals for testing, treatment, support, and advocacy resources. Researches, maintains, and applies knowledge of trends and developments in genetic counseling and genetic disease research, testing, and treatment.
- This position will have programmatic assistance with administrative tasks.
- Telehealth options to satellite sites are planned in the future
- Participate in Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellow, Ob/Gyn Resident and M.S. Genetic Counseling Student education
- Master's degree from an accredited Genetic Counseling Program
- Certified as a Genetic Counselor (CGC) by the American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG) or the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC), or eligible for Active-Candidate Status with successful certification by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) within 1 year of hire.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12195
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21613 - SOM-OB/GYN MFM
Posting Date: Jan 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Hodges
Posting Contact Email: Christine.email@example.com
Position Number: 00741923