Architecture Full-time Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Architecture Full-time Faculty
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is seeking a full-time Architecture faculty member to start in August 2018 for the fall semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The faculty member will be responsible for teaching various Architecture classes that include a lecture and lab component.
- The faculty member will assist the Coordinator of the Architecture discipline at the campus under the leadership of the Department Chair and will work collaboratively with the Architecture faculty.
- Faculty members are assigned a workload consisting of a standard minimum of thirty (30) equivalent semester hours per academic year. A teaching schedule may include day or evening classes.
- Faculty members are expected to serve on department, campus, and College-wide committees, advise students, maintain an active program of professional development, and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Candidate will be involved as faculty mentor for Student Architecture Club participating in club activities and field trips
- Candidates must be willing to occasionally participate in club sponsorships and/or field trips.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Qualified to teach the following courses:
- Arch 101 Introduction to Architecture and the Built Environment
- Arch 103 Building Technology and Documentation
- Arch 104 Introduction to Architectural Graphics
- Arch 200 CAD: 3D Presentation
- Arch 201 Introduction to Architectural Design
- Arch 202 CAD REVIT 1
- Architecture industry experience. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of the Architecture industry, particularly as it relates to the Washington Metro area.
- Strong computer skills in industry-related software such as: Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Google Sketch-up, and Rhino
- Evidence of a teaching experience or work experience in the field.
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software into course delivery.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- A Master's Degree in Architecture
- A professional license
- College level teaching experience.
- Experience leading academic initiatives.
- Evidence of ongoing Professional Development and Continuing Education
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by March 30, 2018.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, March 30, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
RV - Technical Center