This position is part of the Registration and Records Team in the Office of the Registrar. It is one of two positions which are collectively responsible for: maintaining the confidentiality of student records under FERPA, managing student registration and record adjustments while adhering to federal and state rules and regulations, managing the MSU Denver transcript ordering system, certifying enrollment verification requests, administering the course grading process, managing and troubleshooting grade change requests through the workflow system, advising and training faculty and staff on University policies and procedures related to the Office of the Registrar, troubleshooting issues encountered with student records and registration processes, managing the College Opportunity Fund Stipend with other constituencies, and administering a high level of customer service. This position relies heavily upon a functional knowledge of and ability to manage multiple technical systems, including the student information system, workflow, government databases, and third party software systems.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary for Announcement
The hiring range for this position is $38,172 – $44,447. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Full Time Administrators
25%- Record Requests:
• Maintains MSU Denver's electronic transcript software, which includes monitoring daily transcript request fulfillment and manually processes requests that cannot be fulfilled automatically. Manual processing requires adjusting the student record at times to ensure all data is accurate, in particular recalculation of transfer credit from the legacy system.
• Collaborates with the vendor to reconcile issues for the online transcript request.
• Prints official and unofficial transcript requests.
• Certifies enrollment to third party constituents, individual student requests, or certifies academic standing reports for various constituents after receiving consent from a student.
• Assists with maintenance of National Student Clearing House reporting and addressing data errors through research. This requires an in-depth knowledge of the student data and how the data is extracted to the system.
• Processes any other student record requests while adhering to FERPA regulations.
20% - Registration and Record Adjustment:
• Researches and addresses registration and records discrepancies - which are numerous and varied. This work requires an extensive knowledge of the Student Information System, in addition to a comprehensive understanding of the University's policies and procedures.
• Adjustments include the following: Institutional Corrections, Administrative Withdrawal, course switches, departmental requests, alternative credit assignments, biographical information changes, and other requests as needed.
• Advises MSU Denver constituents (i.e., faculty, staff, students, and third party individuals or agencies) on inquiries regarding official student records and other academic processes.
20% - Record Maintenance:
• Administers the grade reporting process for all MSU Denver and host institution courses.
• Advises faculty on the electronic grade reporting process, and troubleshoots when necessary.
• Approves grade changes through the Workflow system, and in some cases, enters grades manually in the Banner system.
• Queries for errors and missing grades.
• Maintains regular communication with academic departments on the Workflow process and any updates to the system as well as provides ongoing training as needed.
• Collaborates with CU Denver and the Community College of Denver to exchange grades for all pooled and inter-institutional courses. Collects and processes final grades and grade changes from CU Denver and CCD.
• Reviews Pass/Fail applications for adherence to grade policies, and approves or denies accordingly.
15% - Customer Service:
• Must be professional, respectful, and maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
• Supports other individuals on the Registration and Records team and the Office of the Registrar, including student employees. This requires assisting with inquiries at the front counter, answering phones, and responding to emails in a timely manner.
• Willingness to cross-train and collaborate with others.
• Willingness to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a professional manner.
15% - College Opportunity Fund Stipend (COF):
• Collaborates with College Assist and Bursar's Office on the process of weekly COF reports.
• Responsible for reconciling COF errors and adjusting student's records to ensure COF distribution.
• Point of contact for students at MSU Denver when troubleshooting COF inquiries.
• Processes both institutional and state waivers for students to receive additional COF hours.
5% - Special Requests for Education Records:
• Acts as a liaison between MSU Denver and third parties (e.g. law offices) requesting complete or partial education records when the student has signed a record release form. Collaborates with other campus offices to collect and distribute requested information.
• Researches past and present MSU Denver course catalogs for course description requests.
The duties and responsibilities above require the position to work with multiple departments internally and externally, or software system vendors to test SIS during upgrades, or in some cases due to regulatory changes. This will ensure that all systems are operational. This position will be required to obtain exception reports to capture errors and to generate data used in annual reports and strategic plans. In addition, this position will provide departmental training and will also assist training other University departments on FERPA, registration, and record keeping. Other duties assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (two years of experience equals one year of education).
• Experience working in a high volume work environment.
• Must possess error-free written communication skills.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
• Prior experience working in higher education.
• Prior experience in customer service.
• Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience creating and implementing workshops and training for staff.
• Ability to manage multiple technical systems.
• Experience with Banner or other student information systems.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.