I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. Reporting to the Manager of Middleware Services, the Business Analyst works within the Division's University Web & Identity Services department.
The Business Analyst will help support the roadmap for middleware services by working with Senior Business Analyst to help collaborate across the Division and with external stakeholders. Along those lines, this position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Work with Senior Business Analyst on Business Process modeling, design and implementation.
• Work to gather, document, and communicate requirements and assist in the execution of the tasks related to SharePoint service improvements, workflow and Identity Management efforts.
• Assist in assessing new technologies as they relate to middleware technologies and frameworks that support the enterprise and improve the overall customer and employee experience.
• Applies a strong knowledge of the Microsoft SharePoint platform in support of and improvement of the enterprise SharePoint service.
• The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA but may require travel to the Foggy Bottom campus located in Washington, DC.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Two plus years of experience working in the IT field, including direct experience with Business Process automation.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, testers, end users, and developers to develop, refine, and communicate requirements.
• Working Competency with Process automation methodologies; Design, Model, Execute, Monitor and Optimize.
• Working Experience with SharePoint features, functionality, and capabilities.
• Working Competency with Workflow automation toolsets. (e.g. Bamboo, Nintex, Visio, Flowcharts)
• Basic understanding of the full Identity Management lifecycle and ITIL framework.
• Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience supporting full software development lifecycle (business process, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, training)
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: Division of IT Family Information Technology Sub-Family IT Business Analysis Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (TBD) Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006894 Job Open Date: 01/04/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter