Admissions Officer, School of Nursing
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Admission Department at GW's School of Nursing (GWSON) is seeking an Admissions Officer, School of Nursing.
This position supports the operation of and participates in the admissions process for GWSON. Tasks include: receiving and processing outstanding admissions materials; handling the daily administrative processes; providing customer service to prospective students as well as other internal and external constituents; and responding to inquiries via phone or email.
- Develops leads, encouraging them to become contacts
- Encourages qualified prospect contacts to initiate and complete applications by employing a consultative recruitment approach
- Works to retain admitted students through enrollment
- Researches, plans, and represents the assigned programs at information briefings for prospective students, information calls to companies and agencies, and at conferences, education fairs, and other appropriate venues
- Provides information on the program content, the application process, scholarship requirements, and relevant financial aid options
- Reviews and verifies data to ensure integrity, exports and uploads applications for SON admission
- Resolves any errors or issues generated by system transfer processes
- Manages administrative time, including: developing and maintaining a recruitment schedule that supports the marketing initiatives; data entry of contacts (inquiries and prospective students) in appropriate electronic databases; conferring with admissions staff; and restocking of travel materials
- Critically evaluates applicants and applications and make or recommend admissions decisions
- Ensures that GWSON admission website, program materials, and other recruitment content reflect current admission policies;
- Participates in regular contact with prospective students by appropriate faculty members and administrators
- Communicates scholarship opportunities to prospective students and works closely with GWSON Office of Student Services during the scholarship application period
-Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in an appropriate area, preferred
- Experience in an office setting, preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of Banner, preferred
- Experience with any admissions/application systems or CRMs
- Ability to query and process computer data and to format and generate reports
- Strong customer service, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: School of Nursing Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Admissions Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007064 Job Open Date: 03/09/2018 Job Close Date: 03/23/2018 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter