I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Columbian College is a large, complex academic unit with 42 Departments and 27 Institutes and Centers, a place where the arts, the humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences come together to form a nexus of ideas and opportunity. The MS in data science curriculum provides a deep foundation in statistical analysis and programming for applications, as well as the project skills necessary to exercise this knowledge in the real world. The program's mission is to prepare students with a background in the natural and social sciences for successful careers helping organizations make sense of collected data and contribute important actionable insights. This position at the Data Science department is seeking a Program Associate to oversee all aspects the newly created Data Science Master's and Certificate programs. Reporting to the Program Specialist of the data science program. The Program Associate will manage the administrative needs of the department and the institutes associated with the Data Science department, supporting their special programs/initiatives and completing projects that range in complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Making space reservations, planning, and coordinating logistics for student, faculty and public events.
• Engage with outside partners to achieve collaborative goals.
• Provide guidance and track student employee time.
• Support development of assessment and annual reporting
• Manage non-data science student registration process
• Collaboration and coordination with student affairs office
• Coordinate with other departments and university leadership
• Coordinate and development of departmental surveys for students
• Maintain contact with alumni to include coordinating events and outreach
• Respond to inquiries about the program
• Coordinating Data Science Institute activities as needed
• Maintain the Directors and Institute's calendar of events, schedule meetings, and other activities.
• Providing updates enrolled students on job opportunities, events and policy changes
• Maintaining administrative office policies, processes, protocols, and workflows.
• Preparing routine budget reports and tracking expenditures.
• Processing reimbursements, purchase orders, credit card payments and invoices.
• Managing expenses, supplemental compensation, and honorarium requests.
• Manage faculty and student hiring process
• Support website and social media maintenance and updates.
• Supporting other work-related duties as needed from Data Science leadership and faculty
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Prior experience with administrative office support
• Outstanding organizational skills; including the ability to work on several projects with competing deadlines at the same time; pays high attention to detail
• Exceptional writing, research, and editing skills
• Interest and ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders: from students and families to faculty, board members, and donors
• Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and authentic interest in others
• Creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively, promoting teamwork and individual responsibility as appropriate
• Entry level knowledge of statistical modelling and survey analysis
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with or capacity to learn Banner, Concur, iBuy, DegreeMap, Courseleaf and Drupal
• Bachelor's degree
• Interest in the field of Data Science
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Columbian College of Arts & Sciences (CCAS) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007063 Job Open Date: 03/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter