Front Desk Assistant
Working Title: Front Desk Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Medicine
Posting Date: 03-09-2018
The Department of Research Administration in the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia is seeking a Front Desk Assistant. The incumbent serves as a primary point of contact for the office and duties include greeting visitors, data entry, retrieval of files, verifying information and routing paperwork.
Position requires High School Diploma or equivalent with at least one year experience in clerical or administrative work. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for work experience. Must have strong organizational skills, professional demeanor, ability to prioritize tasks, maintain confidentiality, attention to detail, and able to work in fast paced environment.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong organization skills.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
3. Proficient communication skills- both verbal and written.
4. Adaptability to change.
5. Attention to detail and accuracy especially when multi-tasking.
6. Ability to provide professional demeanor for greeting visitors and routing phone calls.
7. Reading comprehension skills.
8. Strong customer service skills
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84069