- Will perform essential diagnostic functions to determine the health and status of each resident as assigned to the caseload.
- Prescribe treatment and health maintenance plans for each resident according to resident's medical condition.
- Monitor the administration of prescribed plans by supervising and interfacing with the Nursing, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy staff and other health care professionals involved in resident care.
- Delegate to and supervise assigned Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners in executing those routine medical practices and tasks performed within the normal scope of the Physician's practice in accordance with LISVH policies and procedures.
- Conduct follow-up examinations on a routine basis in order to accurately document resident medical needs, and update prescribed health care plans as often as changes in resident medical status warrant.
- Cooperate with the Medical Records department in accurate and timely documentation of resident charts and files.
- Schedule and complete rounds with the Nursing staff on the unit of the Physicians assigned caseload, at a time mutually arranged.
- Responsible for responding to all medical emergencies and accidents within their caseload while they are present, as well as assisting other Primary Physicians in emergencies involving residents not in their care, as necessary.
- Authorize transfer of residents to other health care facilities as judged necessary.
- Recommend and authorize consultations by specialists for residents as needed.
- Be responsible for communication with the designated representatives of residents in regard to medical care. This may include relating a comprehensive description of medical condition, responding to inquiries about residents' health conditions, making recommendations and providing support as necessary.
- Attend all relevant department meetings and participate in utilization reviews and chart audits whenever necessary.
- Participate in continued Medical Educations programs.
- Assist and cooperate with health care professionals involved in research at the facility.
- Educate and supervise students and other trainees as assigned.
- Comply with rules and regulations of federal and state agencies which apply to long-term care.
- Participate in activities and duties within the Department of Medicine/Family Medicine which are assigned to enhance the integration of the missions of the Health Sciences Center, LISVH and University Hospital.
- Will provide medical oversight to the Adult Day Care Program. Will work with the Administrative Director to assure that the clinical component of care meets all DOH and VA standards.
The LISVH is a 24/7 skilled nursing facility. As such, all positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary to meet the operating needs of the facility.
The Long Island State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Stony Brook University, is a 350-bed skilled nursing facility with a 40-slot Adult Day Health Care program dedicated to the care of honorably discharged Veterans of the United States Armed Forces, their spouses and widows, as well as Gold Star Parents. Join an organization whose people make a difference every day and where commitment, compassion, initiative, and leadership are recognized and rewarded. We care for America's Heroes every day.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Clinical Assistant Professor (HS)
Job Field: Professional Clinical
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Medical Services-Long Island State Veterans Home
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 AM - 5:00 PMMedical Services-Long Island State Veterans Home
Posting Start Date: Mar 9, 2018
Posting End Date: Mar 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: NSC5