Program Manager of Digital Edu
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
CU School of Dental Medicine
Program Manager of Digital Education and Academic Technologies
Position #744303 - Requisition 12881
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a Program Manager of Digital Education and Academic Technologies to work in the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Program Manager of Digital Education & Academic Technologies serves as the School's digital academic technology officer/lead. The Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of digital education, digital media, and faculty, staff and student training on new academic technologies introduced to the curriculum. In order to support an integral component of the Innovation Initiative, the Program Manager will be responsible for creating an innovative teaching and learning environment that supports all aspects of pre-clinical, didactic and clinical dental education. The Program Manager will provide strategic leadership in planning for and implementing new digital learning technologies, providing expertise in instructional design, digital media, and project management, as well as the assessment, deployment, and management of emerging educational innovations. The Program Manager is responsible for developing and directing the School's digital education and academic technology strategic plan. This position works closely with the school's associate and assistant deans, department chairs, faculty, and directors in support of the teaching, research, clinical and service missions of the SDM and the university.
Examples of Work Performed:
Instructional Design/Content Developer
- Work with subject matter experts to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learning environment.
- Identify instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Simplify dense, complex information into easy to understand materials.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Provide training and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Ensure quality and consistency of course content.
- Establish working project plans and calendars for designing technical, customer service, and leadership training and other projects as needed.
- Propose and execute a digital education/media strategy for academic use.
- Develop and manage a digital media budget.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc.).
- Implement methods for evaluating the success of digital media content.
- Produce periodic, illustrated metric reports for senior leadership team.
- Identify, champion, and execute opportunities for advancing digital education strategies.
- Maintain branding, layout and content standards across all media development.
- Train faculty and students on all new education technologies to include hardware, software, 3D/VR/AR applications, and haptics.
- Oversee and manage digital studio.
- Manage one-to-one iPad in the Classroom initiative.
- Work with faculty to gain understanding of online education needs.
- Work with course directors to develop and manage high quality, relevant online course material.
- Evaluate session content and provide feedback to course directors.
- Assist in the writing/creation of content, as needed.
- Lead educational strategy ideation, evaluation, project planning, and implementation.
- Serve as a point of contact for faculty and students requiring assistance with Learning Management System (LMS) (Canvas).
- Train faculty on LMS features to enhance teaching and learning environment.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in learning sciences, instructional design, digital education, eLearning, or a closely related field.
- Four years of experience with online learning environments.
- Four years of experience with Mobile Device Management, (MDM) solutions.
A master's degree in learning sciences, instructional design, digital education, eLearning, or a closely related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- A master's degree in the above named fields.
- Experience in academic research and research methods.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple activities and establish goals and priorities.
- Ability to develop and implement education strategic plans.
- Ability to rapidly deploy academic technologies and projects.
- Ability to work with senior officials, including the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, and campus directors as well as faculty, other university Deans and department chairs and administrators.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including knowledge of technical terminology unique to science, medical, and healthcare environments.
- Experience with JAMF Pro.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, Apple IOS, OSX, TVOS
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office suite and Apple counterparts
- Knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and the compatibility of various types of hardware and supporting equipment
- Knowledge of iBooks creation and distribution of classroom material to end user devices
- Knowledge of emerging teaching applications/portals such as Mediasite, Explain everything, Coursera etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to multitask
- Outstanding planning and organization skills
- Good mechanical ability
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish a rapport with a wide variety of individuals, a sense of urgency, and patience in dealing with end users
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to lift / exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 3/23/18 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20415 - SDM-Student & Alumni Affairs
Posting Date: Mar 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ann Shimamoto
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00744303