CLINICAL TRIALS PRE-AWARD SPECIALIST - UW CARBONE CANCER CENTER
JOB NO.: 93048-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/CARBONE CANC CTR/CANC CTR
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Office & Administrative Support, Quality, Risk Management and Compliance, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93048-AS
Working Title: Clinical Trials Pre-Award Specialist - UW Carbone Cancer Center
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A533400-MEDICAL SCHOOL/CARBONE CANC CTR/CANC CTR
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 31, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $42,167 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
BA/BS required. Business administration, finance, or health-related field preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Experience in a medical, research, or educational setting strongly desired.
- Grants, contracts, and clinical trials experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations and sponsor requirements relating to research grants and contracts, specifically clinical trials preferred.
License or certificate:
The Clinical Research Finance Office (CRFO) supports the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC) Clinical Research Disease Oriented Teams (DOTs) by providing centralized budgeting, contracting and post-award accountant services to research teams, faculty and staff conducting oncology research at UWCCC.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
- Prefix assignment determined by years of relevant work experience. For Senior level, must have a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, is essential to this position.
- An understanding of how research is carried out within the UW Health System is also essential.
- The successful applicant will understand the importance of attention to detail and of appropriate and timely documentation of all activities. Most critical is the ability to manage many detailed projects at one time, completing projects in a timely manner and adjusting to shifting priorities.
- With the rest of the UWCCC clinical research staff, the incumbent will participate in program planning, including establishing training programs for new investigators and continuing education for faculty and study coordinators related to changes in federal requirements for clinical research (e.g., in-service programs), updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) relative to initiation of study protocols and contracts within the UWCCC, and promoting the UWCCC as an ideal location to conduct clinical research.
- Position is expected to follow the policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards for excellence and professionalism established by the UWCCC and the University of Wisconsin. Additionally, this position will assure that all clinical and laboratory research activity adheres to Federal, University of Wisconsin, and UWCCC policies, procedures and requirements.
- Work experience should demonstrate dependability, flexibility, and maturity. Candidates must be effective at building interpersonal relationships with constructive interactions, be clear and effective communicators, promote and create collegial environments that value accountability. Employees will also be expected to uphold UWCCC core values as defined below:
Respect: Demonstrate respect for self and others--behave professionally.
Integrity: Act with integrity and honesty.
Teamwork: Commit to and demonstrate teamwork.
Excellence: Ensure excellence, quality, and high ethical standards in conduct and performance.
Instructions to applicants:
Please upload cover letter and resume. In your cover letter please explain how your experience relates to this position description.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 19 2017 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 26 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time