University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Department of Orthopedics has an opening for a part-time Instructor as the Associate Director for the Foot & Ankle Center Clinical Motion Laboratory with the potential to move to full-time.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Examples of Work Performed
Collaborates with Foot & Ankle Center physicians, clinical and non-clinical staff in direct and indirect clinical movement laboratory operations. Interacts with clinical subjects undergoing motion analysis. Serves as principal for the operating and troubleshooting specialized laboratory equipment, patient marker placement, data processing, and report generation. The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for the clinical motion lab operations, equipment and staff.
- Two to five years' experience as a gait lab engineer or equivalent
- Responsible or actively engaged in the establishment of a gait lab, specifically a working knowledge and experience with the initial set-up of a gait lab from install to regular workflow
- General knowledge of clinical billing and reimbursement as it relates to gait lab operations
- Masters degree in engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in analytical and programming languages related to movement analysis, including Vicon software, Matlab, LabView, statistical analysis, and the MS office applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability and desire to work as an integral member of a multidisciplinary health-care team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address technical and/or clinical challenges
- Capacity to diagnose and communicate lab status and requirements to team members and industry contacts
- Doctoral degree in engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Experience with video integration and data storage as it relates to the clinical motion lab
- Masters thesis or dissertation in motion analysis
- Supervisory experience preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle records check.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers Review of applications will begin Novermber 10, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. Letters of reference (optional) Questions should be directed to Kelly.Wright@ucdenver.edu
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20259 - SOM-Orthopedics
Posting Date: Nov 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kelly Wright
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00644563