JOB NO.: 93534-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Graphic Design
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 93534-AS
Working Title: Graphic Designer
Official Title: SR ARTIST(R16BN) or ARTIST(R16DN) or ASSOC ARTIST(R16FN)
Hiring Department: A177500-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/WCER
Anticipated Begin Date: APRIL 01, 2018
Term: This position will end on MARCH 31, 2019.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
BFA/BA in illustration, art or graphic design or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 1 year professional experience.
* Strong portfolio showcasing a breadth of concepts, illustration styles and attention to detail (applicants without portfolios will not be considered).
* Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite with advanced knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
BFA/BA in Illustration or related field.
* Comfort in a deadline-driven environment, with a strong ability develop and deliver products in a timely manner and to handle multiple projects at once.
* Ability to work in a variety of styles and adapt rendering style to match existing project assets.
* Proven ability to work indepently and collaboratively, stay self-motivated and be self-organized.
* Ability to think critically about visual presentation of complex concepts.
* Skilled at realistic rendering of the human figure.
* Ability to take direction and receive constructive criticism.
* Animation experience using Adobe Animate to create HTML5 Canvas animations. Experience with logo design and formatting documents in Adobe InDesign.
License or certificate:
WCER Technical Services provides computer and creative services to WCER researchers. Our skilled personnel and advanced technologies provide projects with research-focused programming, application development, Web site design, video, network, multimedia and graphics expertise.
The Graphic Designer position will work closely with the design team to create assets for online and print use. The focus will be on creating optimized pixel-perfect web assets for an online math and science assessement tool used in k-12 classrooms. All projects are focused on education research and assessments. The environment is casual but deadline driven.
This position may be extended or made renewable pending additional funding.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter addressed to Beth Atkinson, current resume, and a list containing the names and contact information of three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Feb 21 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Mar 7 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time