Associate VP for Budget & Analytics
Associate VP for Budget & Analytics
Assoc VP, Budget & Analytics
Budget & Analytics
Is this an internal posting only?
M - F, 8:00 - 5:00 (generally)
Established in 1890, UNT is one of the nation's largest public universities with over 38,000 students. As a public research university, UNT is deeply committed to advancing educational excellence and preparing students to become thoughtful, engaged citizens of the world. This is accomplished through a broad and balanced array of programs where well-prepared students and dedicated scholars and artists collaborate with our local and global communities in the creation, integration, application and dissemination of knowledge. In this way, UNT creates an enriched and sustainable future for our students, state, nation and world.
In collaborative fashion, provides leadership in the planning, implementing, coordinating, operating and securing the use of resources to support the academic and administrative missions and goals of the university. In a team-based, employee empowered environment, this position will have the responsibility for effective and efficient oversight of the budgeting and financial analytics of the university. Essential is the ability to lead a technology based transformation of the budget process and to develop control processes for its ongoing use. This position reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
The Budget & Analytics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Associate VP for Budget & Analytics to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides leadership/oversight of institutional effectiveness efforts within the unit including the use of assessment results and linking results to planning.
* Ensures that monitoring systems are in place to track compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, and that all staff have the training that they need to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
* Assures development, implementation and oversight of programs and policies for improved efficiency, effectiveness and performance for planning, management and sustenance.
* Represents UNT in matters related to the budget. Likely to interact with the Coordinating Board, the Governor's Office, the State Comptroller, the Legislative Budget Board, the State Auditor, and local governments as directed by the VPFA.
* Responds to all constituencies as needed and appropriate, from the Board of Regents to external agencies and fund managers.
* Adheres to and fosters high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
* Participates in development, public service, fund raising activities, and other activities which support the mission of the University.
* Represents the University to various external groups at the state and national levels.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and ten years of closely related professional experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University fiscal and academic policy, procedure and practices.
* Extensive knowledge of sound business management principles, policies, and techniques.
* Ability to work under considerable pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Marked ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Thorough knowledge of electronic information systems and accounting systems.
* Ability to work independently and make decisions within the framework of broad goals and objectives.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* MBA or Masters' degree in finance and ten years of experience with five years of progressively responsible leadership in area(s) of significant, and complex, higher education budget and/or financial operations.
* Direct, identifiable and proven experience commensurate with earned degrees may be considered in certain circumstances.
* Experience in Texas higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting