IT Service Desk Manager
IT Service Desk Manager
IT Service Desk Manager
University IT Services - 110180
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm, flexible schedule with some evenings, wkends
UIT Desktop Services (UDS) is a department in Instructional IT Services (IITS), the division of University Information Technology (UIT) most associated with direct support of student and faculty teaching and learning. The three departments within the division and their varied services function separately but work collaboratively to facilitate technical assistance for meaningful and successful teaching and learning experiences at UNT.
The University IT Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Service Desk Manager to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
IITS is seeking to hire an IT Service Desk Manager to support its expanded customer base which currently includes UIT Staff technology services, computer-based education resources on the UNT Denton campus and the Discovery Park, and other UIT Desktop projects and services for the UNT Denton campus community as well as the UNT Frisco campus and UNT Dallas. The position reports to the Senior Desktop Administration Services Manager of UIT Desktop Services (Cross-Functional IT Support Manager). The position will be comprised of both technical and personnel management work and will assist in the development, configuration, repair, and support of computer-based resources managed by UDS as well as serving as the primary manager for retrieval, assessment, and routing of all incoming service and resource requests and the deployment of appropriate part-time student personnel to fulfill all requested needs and reported incidents. This position will work closely with UDS and UIT upper level management to ensure that all needs are met and all personnel are leveraged for excellent productivity and service.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
* Acceptance, assignment, routing, and resolution of all incoming UIT Desktop Support service call requests via ServiceNow tickets, emails, in-person, or phone call.
* Scheduling of all UIT Desktop part-time student employees (techs and proctors) as well as emergency scheduling and deployment of personnel.
* Collaborating and assisting in the hiring, training, and supervision of part-time student employees.
* Assisting in imaging, management, and administration for UIT Desktop technical resources including UIT staff hardware and software and Instructional IT computer-based education resources.
* Working with management personnel on large scale projects and operational changes and issues.
* Trouble-shooting, researching, and documenting complex system
hardware and software issues.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments.
* Ability to supervise and train subordinates.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Functional knowledge of and experience with operating system
management tools specifically Microsoft System Center Configuration
Manager and JAMF Casper Suite (Mac OS and iOS).
* Experience working for information technology services in an
* Experience with the scheduling, supervision, and training of part-time
or full-time employees.
* Functional knowledge of and experience with Adobe products,
Microsoft Office products and / or adaptive technologies.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting