Application Integration Lead
Requisition # 2018-8558
Department Administrative Info Services
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an opening for an Application Integration Lead to join our Package Adaptation and Customization (PAC) team. The PAC team is comprised of highly skilled IT professionals that partner with University leaders and commercial software solution providers for the successful acquisition, integration, and deployment of mission critical administrative technology solutions.
The successful candidate will combine analytical ability, technical integration skills, and project management principals to develop and lead data integration projects. This will include selecting the appropriate integration approach and applying sound technical management and development skills throughout the delivery lifecycle to produce high quality solutions.
The Application Integration Lead will be responsible for the design, development, and operation of application interfaces, data flows, and APIs, utilizing both vendor delivered services and internal API management tools. This includes transitioning legacy data feeds to SaaS-oriented integration technologies, providing seamless data flow among on premise and hosted applications.
- Deliver the required systems integration solutions for a new business solution replacement and platform change, ensuring continuity and security of the systems, data, and business services during the conversion
- Help define the integration and dataflow architecture and evaluate vendor web services and API capabilities. Identify gaps in available integration services and work on remediation strategies to ensure stability as the underlying platform technologies continue to evolve
- Help assess future OIT API management tools, vetting capabilities against requirements and performing validation activities as required
- Contribute to development and management of OIT external-facing API layer for business partner integration; e.g. mobile apps, third-party applications and services.
- Collaborate with support teams to resolve production incidents and proactively seek opportunities to develop preventative measures to avoid recurrence
- Foster strong team skills and culture for improving application integration techniques
- A minimum of 7 years of experience successfully delivering high performing application solutions that meet scope, cost, and date parameters
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development utilizing a variety of common system integration methods and technologies including web services, SOAP, JSON, REST, APIs, XML, automated testing frameworks, and orchestration tools
- Expertise in comparing integration approaches and assessing their relative strengths and limitations in terms of meeting business goals
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL supporting legacy integration techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a commitment to customer service
- Highly motivated with very strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Flexibility to balance competing initiatives, multi-task between project development and customer support, and adapt to changing business and technical requirements
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment that values positive, collegial relationships among co-workers
- Experience with a leading customer relationship management platform such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Web API
- Experience with marketing or fundraising business processes
- Familiarity with WSO2 or MuleSoft
- Experience with Agile methodologies, as well as more traditional structured approaches
- Experience with a version control system such as SVN or Git
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
- Experience in a higher education setting
A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work-related experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.