The Dental Therapist/Sterilization will perform 4-handed chair-side dentistry, produce high quality digital radio-graphic images within a timely manner, and provide sterilization and dispensing. The person in this position will maintain the clinical and radiology areas including cleaning and disinfecting equipment, chairs, cubicles, rooms, and operatories per OSHA and the College of Dentistry Infection Control Standards.
This position will also provide office and records support including scheduling patients, collecting data, documenting exams and/or procedures, and assist with notes, charges, and treatment plans. The person in this position will be undergo mandatory compliance training, immunizations, and TB test; participate in division, department, college, and University educational and professional development training; and maintain certifications.
Radiology Dental Therapist & Technologist
7A850:DENTISTRY ORAL HEALTH PRACTICE
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Monday thru Friday, with occasional weekend shifts per department need.
Bi-lingual, excellent communication and customer service skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, ability to prioritize, radio-graphic imaging, Microsoft Office, IAHCSMM or CBSPD certification.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience with Dental Procedures, instruments, materials, and processes; and experience with digital radio-graphic imaging. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish. IAHCSMM or CBSPD certification, EDDA (Expanded Duties Dental Assisting) Certification , and ARRT or ARDMS certification preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a certification in radiology (ARRT or ARDMS) or are you certification eligible?
- * Do you speak and understand both English and Spanish?
- * Please provide an example of a time that you have provided excellent customer service to a patient or other customer.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How much experience do you have with 4-handed dental processes?
- Some but less than 1 year
- 1 - 3 Years
- 4 - 6 Years
- 7 - 9 Years
- 10+ Years
- * How many years of experience to you have taking images in a radiology setting?
- Some but less than 1 Year
- 1-3 Years
- 4-6 Years
- 7-9 Years
- 10+ Years
- * Please indicate the number of dentists and/or physicians for which you have been directly responsible for the billing and collections within one practice in your paid work experience.
- 1-3 Providers
- 4-10 Providers
- 11-20 Providers
- 21+ Providers
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter