A scientist position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Brian Gold (https://sites.google.com/site/btgoldlaboratory) to participate in NIH funded projects. The position involves research on neurocognitive aging. Specific research focuses on distributed brain networks supporting cognitive control and memory processes, and the effects of aging, vascular pathologies and Alzheimer's pathologies on these processes. Job responsibilities include: development and implement brain imaging experiments; generation of potential experimental paradigms intended to appropriately test predicted brain-behavioral relationships described in the PI's grants; working with the PI to select the optimal experimental paradigm; subject recruitment; operating the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner; data analysis; manuscript writing.
7H100:ANATOMY & NEUROBIOLOGY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting/standing for long periods at a time
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PhD in neuroscience or psychology and two or more years of postdoctoral experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter