Requisition Number S1457
Position Number 100
Position Classification Title Business Officer
Functional Title Administrative Manager
Position Type Staff
The primary purpose of the Administrative Manager is to manage the administrative functions of Accounting Services including daily business operations, budgeting, financial management, and personnel functions. This position directly supports the Controller with overall administrative and financial operations of the unit. This position interacts with Financial Planning and Budgets, Human Resources, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Cashiers and Student Accounts Office, Purchasing, various UNCG administrative and academic offices, and outside vendors.
The key purposes of the Administrative Manager are listed below:
1) Perform various daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting and reconciliation responsibilities and any special financial reporting projects assigned by the Controller.
2) Manage the budget and expenditures of all Accounting Services departmental funds from all fund sources.
3) Manage the Human Resource function for the 41 employees in the Accounting Services, Cashiers and Student Accounts, and Fixed Assets units.
4) Responsible for the administrative function and various programs and subsystems of the entire Accounting Services unit.
5) Analyze and process internal sales journal vouchers prepared by campus auxiliaries.
6) Assist with year-end financial reporting including preparation of financial statement footnotes, preparation of accrual entries, and monitoring of the 13th month entries. Assist with the preparation of the University's annual published financial report.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, OR RELATED BUSINESS AREA; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
Three to five years office management experience preferably in a University setting
General accounting knowledge
Microsoft Office Software skills - Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Strong organizational skills
Strong attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal relations skills
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $46,800 - $63,646
Org #-Department Accounting Services - 56202
Work Hours of Position 8 am to 5 pm; Some overtime
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 03/08/2018
Close Date 03/16/2018
Job Close Date
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu