Manager Talent Technology
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We're proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Be a part of a dynamic community dedicated to providing the resources, guidance and inspiration needed to create the ultimate student experience: from registration and financial aid applications to the first time they arrive at one of our Centers of Excellence or log in to their first class, from academic success planning to providing a safe environment, and from connecting them with community networks to launching them into the career of their dreams. Make their student experience exceptional.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Talent Technology, who will advance the institution's proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service.
We are looking for a forward-thinking leader who has a high technical acumen. As the Manager of Talent Technology, you will be responsible for providing planning, budgeting, project coordination and supervision of cost-effective HR Technology. You will have the opportunity to manage the strategy, maintenance, design, testing and development of the information systems that support TE business processes to meet current and future business needs within the Talent Engagement (TE) Department. In addition, you will lead directly and indirectly a team of HR technology & projects analysts.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Third-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City's 55.
- 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don't forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation's top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston's cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
It is the policy of the Houston Community College System to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact the Employment Services Office at (713) 718-8565.
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
The Talent Technology Manager is responsible for providing planning, budgeting, project coordination and supervision of cost-effective Talent Technology while managing the strategy, maintenance, design, testing and development of the information systems which support Talent Engagement business processes to meet current and future business needs within the Talent Engagement (TE) Department. Leads directly and indirectly a team of TE technology & project analysts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the efficient and effective use of PeopleSoft and other TE Technology applications and systems for the department in order to support key TE organizational processes;
- Lead the vision for TE reporting and support the TE reporting and workforce analytics strategy by ensuring the systems are managed to provide highly reliable data;
- Evaluate business processes and recommend improvements in order to maximize the use of TE Technology resources and applications and manage the portfolio of TE Technology projects including determining the priority of projects based on TE Leadership direction and organizational needs, communicating the priorities to those impacted and ensuring projects are delivered on time and fulfill the TE business process requirements;
- Deconstruct and rebuild established TE processes to better leverage existing technologies for greater effectiveness and develop, analyze, streamline and document new and existing TE business processes;
- Drive the vision to optimize the use of current systems and technology within the Human Resources department;
- Define the TE Technology roadmap and implementation of TE Technology in the future, incorporate current systems and desired future state, and guide the development of overall strategy related to TE data and systems for the entire employee life cycle;
- Manage transition of upgrades systems by ensuring existing data has been scrubbed and updated, and maintain quality and consistency of Talent Technology database information;
- Direct the integration of TE systems;
- Collaborate with key resources including IT to ensure the secure storage and movement of TE data as well as compliance and security policies;
- Serve as a subject matter expert for TE data management including general data flow, administration, maintenance, data integrity, security, reporting, project management and customer support and act as technical advisor to the TE Team;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders so that TE systems provide the correct functionality and are properly supported. Key relationships will include the Talent Engagement department, IT, Records Management, and Procurement;
- Manage the vendor relationships with third party system providers, if applicable;
- Responsible for managing a highly performing Talent Technology team of project and technology business analysts; and
- Establish TE Technology standards of service for customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field required.
Five (5) years of Demonstrated experience with enterprise information systems to support business processes required, preferably with PeopleSoft HCM v9.2 or higher
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive experience managing information systems and data integration;
- Analytical ability to determine how to optimize systems and data to support business processes;
- Working knowledge of System Development Lifecycle and/or formal project management methodology;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, understand user needs, and offer suggestions to improve their requests;
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with the greatest degree of confidentiality;
- Have extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM; and
- Critical Competencies:
- Managing relationships
- Thinking/visioning - innovation/strategic thinking
- Managing and measuring work
- Developing others
- Managing relationships
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.