Coordinator II, Assessment Center
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive. Kingwood, Texas 77339-3801
Under limited supervision and on own initiative, provides oversight and facilitation of day-to-day and some long-term operations within assigned area of specialty, participating in and planning, development, evaluation and improvement. Assigned area and responsibilities will be extensive and/or highly specialized. May be responsible for the success of assigned area, ensuring smooth and efficient operations as well as compliance with policies, procedures and a variety of local, state and federal regulations. Coordinates logistics, services and support surrounding significantly diverse programs or departments. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices.
Specific to Student Services:
Job Functions' main focus will be on the student experience. Areas generally involve (but are not limited to) learning centers, student activities, tutoring and training, advising and counseling, transcript evaluation, enrollment, orientations, recruitment and outreach ... etc. May work closely with both Faculty and students, as well as a variety of internal and external contacts as all levels.
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of assigned area. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as a Subject Matter Expert within area and as a point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents
- Performs research relevant to area of specialty. Develops, monitors and maintains a variety of spreadsheets, databases, reports, and presents findings to internal/external constituents, including outside groups and organizations
- Assists students in creating their MEP (My Educational Plan) by end of student’s first semester
- Enters, tracks and maintains a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets and databases
- May be responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with local/state/federal compliance of processes and documentation within assigned area
- Supervises, trains and develops department staff. Schedules and prioritizes work and activities and develops and organizes training materials
- Creates methods of evaluation of assigned area. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for revisions to objectives and strategies, with a focus on continuous program improvement. Takes part (or takes Lead) in developing new programs
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Plans, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support. May work with local school districts on advising early college, dual credit, tech prep students and/or potential students
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department. Submits requisitions, and reviews and approves/denies purchase requests in accordance with the budget
- Manages or assists with management of the department budget
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- A climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards is the general work environment, unless otherwise stated in job announcement.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.