Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Pharmacy
Assistant or Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Pharmacy, Elk Grove, CA
Title: Assistant or Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Classification: Fulltime, exempt, 12-month appointment
Supervisor: Dean, College of Pharmacy
Experience: An enduring track record of effectiveness and experience in academic administration particularly with involvement in the delivery of academic programs.
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Assistant Dean/ Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (ADAA).
CNUCOP is a pharmacy college dedicated to educating, developing, and training individuals to provide the competent and patient-centered care. The college has been fully accredited by the ACPE since 2012 and obtained the highest CPJE California Pharmacy Board Exam pass rate in 2016. CNUCOP is a part of the California Northstate University, which also includes College of Medicine and Colleges of Health Sciences. Our campus is in the beautiful community of Elk Grove just south of Sacramento, the state capitol of California. The City of Elk Grove is known for an award-winning school district, a variety of outstanding restaurants, a historical district, first-rate parks, and much more. The city’s location provides easy access to major freeways, airport, rail lines, and ports. Elk Grove is also in a convenient location, within driving distances, to large cities including San Francisco, San Jose, and Lake Tahoe, and to national parks such as Yosemite, Redwood, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, etc.
The ADAA is responsible to assist the Dean for the leadership in all matters of policy, governance, administration, and delivery of professional academic programs by the College. The position is full-time, non-tenure, 12-month appointment with Associate Professor/ Professor rank and salary commensurate with skills and experience. The ADAA reports directly to the Dean of the College of Pharmacy and works collaboratively with the members of the Executive Committee.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a member of the Dean’s Executive Committee;
- Serve as the Chief Academic Officer in the Dean’s absence;
- Serve as an ex officio member of the Curriculum Committee, Professional and Academic Standards Committee, and Assessment Committee;
- Assist the Dean with accreditation and regulatory processes;
- Assist the Dean with the college’ strategic plans;
- Maintain a strong academic program in pharmacy that appropriately uses technology, contemporary teaching modalities, and fosters interprofessional education;
- Provide administrative supervision and accountability for all academic affairs, which include but not limit to academic records for annual progression, GPA reporting, graduation auditing; class schedules, student team assignment, and the college’s academic calendars.
- Provide oversight for comprehensive assessment plan, with focus on the review and quality of the overall curriculum, individual courses, instructor evaluations, and all other aspects of the college’s academic offerings.
- Update academic policies, as appropriate, and ensures that they are published and disseminated;
- Engage in teaching and scholarly activities.
- Act as an effective representative of the college to professional organizations.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Have a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in pharmacy education from accredited colleges/schools of pharmacy;
- Have at least 3 years of experience in academic administration, particularly with involvement in the delivery of the PharmD program;
- Possesses a doctorate degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, or other health science discipline;
- Have a strong communication skills and profound knowledge about accreditation requirements, assessment, and pharmacy professions.
The position is available beginning February 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals.
- Resume of CV.
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least 3 professional references.
Please send application materials to the HR Department by email or California Northstate University, 9700 West Taron Drive, Elk Grove, CA 95757. Salary and rank determined by experience and qualifications.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Active Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Pharmacy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly