Maintenance Technician II
American River College
Maintenance Technician II
Job Posting Number: C00543P
Salary: $4,057.14 per month
Closing Date: 3/28/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6587
A Maintenance Technician II performs skilled work in fields of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and roofing trades. Skilled work performed is generally without direct leadership of a journeyperson from Facilities Management. [For a detailed job description for this SEIU (Blue Collar) posting posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Operations department.
● Incumbents perform skilled work in the maintenance, construction, inspection, and repair of buildings and equipment.
● Performs maintenance tasks in the electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and roofing trades in conjunction with Facilities Management.
● Works cooperatively with other Facilities maintenance and District units to achieve and maintain a strong customer service environment.
● Troubleshoots problems in buildings and equipment and effect repairs.
● Maintains inventories.
● Keeps complete and accurate records of repairs and equipment.
● Performs duties as assigned to Maintenance Technician I.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation and drug tests. May be subject to random drug testing once employed.
Asbestos certification desirable at time of hire; however, may be obtained within one year of employment with the District.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of skilled experience in one or more of the trades mentioned above; OR, six years experience as a building maintenance technician.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.