Associate Director for Administrative and Financial Operations
Job Title: Associate Director for Administrative and Financial Operations
Job ID: 24489
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3312
Department: Housing Business Services
About the Position
The Associate Director for Administrative and Financial Operations serves as the managing administrator for the department regarding the housing application and licensing process, assignments and occupancy projections, billing and auditing. The incumbent is also responsible for the management of department functions including administrative and conference services, cashiering and coordination with campus financial database and information systems. This position is responsible for the overall selection, training, supervision/management and evaluation of professional staff. The Associate Director is a member of the Housing Senior Management and Leadership team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Housing Application and License Agreement Administration
- Oversees preparation and administration of Annual Student Housing Application and License Agreement for residence halls and apartments in compliance with CSU boilerplate guidelines.Submits to CSU General Counsel for review when appropriate.
- Oversees the housing license contract cancellation process and serves as third level of response to appeals to break License agreement.
- Oversees coordination of financial activities for residents:Ensures accurate billings, refunds, and certification and deferment programs for students.Consults with Housing Senior Management Leadership Team, and other campus administrators when appropriate.
Housing Assignments and Resident Occupancy Projections
- Manages residence hall and apartments assignments staff and processes including establishing operational and administrative procedures
- Projects future occupancy demand and coordinates changes in room types to meet demands (ex. triples, super singles).
- Supervises the preparation of weekly completed applications for the Housing Senior Management Team and Associate Vice President for Campus Life, and monthly occupancy reports for the Chancellor’s Office.
Department Billing, Auditing and Budget Reconciliation
- Oversees department cashiering procedures in accordance with Federal, State, CSU, campus, banking and Title V rules and forreceipting and depositing of funds; maintaining financial records for tracking and auditing purposes and the fiscal integrity of handling University monies.
- Supervises the reconciliation of collections to General Ledger in Fiscal Services.
- Coordinates the department’s fiscal affairs with other University and Chancellor’s Office departments and offices including Business Operations, Bursar’s Office, , Payroll, Financial Aid, Spartan Shops, Athletics, Vice President for Student Affairs, , Associated Students and Business Office.
- Directly hires, supervises/manages, trains and evaluates professional employees;Staff are responsible for complex work tasks related to assignments, student accounts, data processing, billing, licensing, collections, auditing, payroll, conferences and administrative services.
- Oversees the supervision of student assistants.
- Forecasts and administers $5 million annual area budget.
- Works with Director and Senior Associate Director to establish room rates under directives from the Chancellors Office and presents rate proposal to CFAC (Campus Fee Advisory Committee) for recommendation to the University.
- Aligns goals and objectives with department budget in collaboration with Director and area managers.
- Prepares cost-benefit analysis of special programs or projects
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24489.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.