Academic Program Coordinator
Academic Program Coordinator
With more than two hundred faculty members in thirteen departments, the George and Mildred Weissman School of Arts and Sciences has the largest teaching staff of the three schools that make up Baruch College. It offers general education and upper-level classes to undergraduates from across the college, including over 4000 majors, and graduate education to a select group of students who have met its rigorous admissions standards. The school has a tradition of offering personal and individual attention to students at both the undergraduate and the graduate level.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Academic Affairs/Pathways Transfer Appeal Officer, the Coordinator provides support for student and faculty related functions of the Weissman Associate Dean's Office. This person is a representative of the Associate Dean's Office to the college's internal and external communities as directed, and will interact with students, faculty, and administrative peers across the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Associate Director in the management of the Freshman Learning Community and the Chase Seminar Programs.
- Compile and prepare materials for the Weissman Undergraduate Curriculum Committee meetings.
- Prepare undergraduate and graduate submissions for the Chancellor's Report.
- Update Weissman sections of the graduate and undergraduate online bulletin.
- Prepare notification of Weissman CAS appeal results for distribution to students, the Registrar's Office, and the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Receive, review, and process student submissions to the Pathways Appeal Committee. Prepare notification of appeal results for distribution to students, the Registrar's Office, and the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Schedule meetings for the Weissman Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, the Weissman Committee on Academic Standing, and the Pathways Appeal Committee.
- Assist with undergraduate student advising and resolution of registration problems.
- Represent the Weissman School at occasional evening or weekend events.
- Coordinate special projects at the request of the Associate Dean and the Associate Director.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Non – Exempt.
Bachelor's degree required; two years of related experience preferred. CUNYfirst experience preferred. Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as the ability to interact with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including students, faculty, administrators, and staff. The successful candidate will be an independent self-starter with the ability to be adaptive to change and to navigate a complex higher education environment. Must have proficiency in managing student information systems and be comfortable in learning new systems and technologies.
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #18445. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 30, 2018
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.