With more than two hundred faculty members in thirteen departments, the George and Mildred Weissman School of Arts and Sciences has the largest teaching staff of the three schools that make up Baruch College. It offers general education and upper-level classes to undergraduates from across the college, including over 4000 majors, and graduate education to a select group of students who have met its rigorous admissions standards. The school has a tradition of offering personal and individual attention to students at both the undergraduate and the graduate level.
Reporting to the Director of Administrative and Financial Services of the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for effectively coordinating the daily academic administrative functions for the School.
Additional duties include:
- Assists with faculty multiple position forms and prepares workload reports and summaries.
- Enters and maintains faculty information in Digital Measures.
- Prepares materials for the faculty meetings, elections, etc.
- Works as a liaison with Weissman Executive Committee.
- Assists with departmental budgets and processing documents (check requests, purchase requisitions and PAFs).
- Compiles and prepares materials for Personnel and Budget meetings (reappointments, tenure and promotion).
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Non – Exempt.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least two (2) years' experience providing support in an academic setting preferred
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects with follow-up
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential documents and to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Proactive, resourceful and efficient
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #18447. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 30, 2018
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.