Veterinary Technology Laboratory Assistant
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: March 9, 2018
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Veterinary Technology/ School of Health Careers, Technologies and Applied Learning
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Veterinary Technology Laboratory Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Veterinary Technology Laboratory Assistant is responsible for the following duties:
- Laboratory Equipment: Clean, maintain and store lab equipment; perform quality control measures (e.g. routine maintenance of autoclave, radiographic processor, dental equipment, eye wash stations, etc.); repair or order maintenance of existing equipment; train new faculty on policies and handling of equipment; provide assistance/demonstrations to students on equipment use; and oversee work study students in the maintenance and care of lab equipment.
- Ordering/Invoicing: Order the necessary equipment and supplies for laboratory sessions; manage invoices for processing and record keeping; receive and catalogue orders; inventory stock for record keeping; and communicate with vendors and representatives on products.
- Community Outreach: Arrange off-campus laboratory sessions at affiliated settings; coordinate schedules for committee meetings; distribute communications to the veterinary community about upcoming events; and follow-up on information and distribute minutes to professional advisory board.
- Laboratory/Classroom: Provide tutoring assistance for laboratory procedures/skills to students; assist instructors/students during laboratory instruction; set-up and break down laboratory classes as well as laboratory practicals; assist instructors; assist and keep minutes for committee meetings; and assist faculty and department chair with additional documentation.
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a high school or equivalency diploma and at least three years of experience in the field. Possession of a LVT (State of NY) or LATG certification with experience working an educational facility is required. The successful candidate must also have experience with Excel and Microsoft Office. Dental and/or exotic animal experience preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary $47,322 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please send a resume, cover letter, and the names & contact information of 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Veterinary Technology Laboratory Assistant” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building- Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, N.Y. 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.