Head Women's and Men's Swimming and Diving Coach
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the College for Continuing & Professional Studies.
To help support the work of the University we have an immediate opening for a Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach reports to the Athletics Director.
The Head Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Chatham University Swimming and Diving Program which is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Presidents’ Athletics Conference (PAC). This includes structural and administrative organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a competitive program with full rosters for the women and men’s swim and dive programs.
- Successfully recruit both regionally and nationally both developing a recruiting plan in conjunction with the University Admission’s department.
- Oversee the appointments and supervision of the assistant coaches and support staff for the swim program.
- Oversee budget and resource management for the swimming and diving program.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Athletics, other coaches and staff to support and achieve overall goals established by the athletics department.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Athletics Director.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred with a minimum of 2 years of full time coaching experience in the college level, computer proficiency and valid driver’s license.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer