Florida Polytechnic University, started as a university of engineering and technology, is designed to be different so that graduates possess the talent and job-ready skills to stand out from the crowd. While other top engineering schools in Florida have centers of innovation, Florida Poly was established on April 20, 2012, as a wholly innovative university dedicated to the principle that innovation occurs when research and creativity are applied to real-world challenges. Florida’s only public university for engineering and technology dedicated to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) was created to be both a rigorous academic institution and a powerful resource for high-tech industries.
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for delivering excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers at the service desk. This position assists the Bursar and Auxiliary Services (Parking & ID Cards) with the receipt, disbursement, recording and posting of funds for the University as well as various other duties including billing. The Billing Coordinator will answer questions concerning student accounts, parking, student ID cards, meal plans, general University questions, direction, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Process student payments for tuition & fees, parking citations & passes, ID cards, meal plans and other various items in accordance to university-established procedures.
- Make collection calls on outstanding balances (expectation is at least 50 calls per week)
- Process parking passes, issues ID cards and process requests for replacement ID cards.
- Process customer, external events, and grant invoices and log all incoming payments to update records to reflect current A/R balances.
- Explain charges to students, parents, customers, and external agencies so they understand the fees for which they are responsible.
- Maintain electronic files necessary to generate daily reports.
- Balance check and credit card receipts daily; investigate, resolve, and document any discrepancies.
- Provide assistance regarding rules, policies, and procedures related to fiscal transactions, direct people to proper offices, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier.
- Retrieve student account information regarding inquiries via software applications such as class schedules, statements of account, refund inquiries, and installment plan payment schedules.
- Verify and research registration status, payment status and refund status.
- Assist with the selling and payment processing for meal plan payments.
- Ensure prompt and courteous customer service to students, parents, outside agencies, and departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Must be comfortable working with student ledgers.
- Good interpersonal communication, organizational, and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and compliance with FERPA and SOX regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and with standard office software applications.
- Must be comfortable with using multiple software applications.
- Proficiency in assembling and organizing data for use in records and reports.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in an outside environment on occasion.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion
- 1 year of college accounting experience or equivalent.
- Two or more years work experience in cash handling, banking, and/or higher education.
- Two or more years of experience in customer services, such as retail, hospitality or food service.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Experience making collection calls preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.Special Instructions Regarding Attachments: Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.