Assistant Director, Marketing and Creative - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700772)
~~Notice of Position Vacancy
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Assistant Director, Marketing and Creative
100% Academic Professional appointment, 12 month appointment
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Use marketing and creative strategies to effectively promote all DIA programs across all mediums.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with strategic direction for creative and graphic design elements of DIA which includes serving as part of the committee that outlines annual branding and marketing campaigns
2. Work as part of marketing team to manage brand standards and marketing plan implementation to effectively promote athletics programs
3. Produce content for social, digital, and traditional mediums in order to effectively display the Fighting Illini brand for recruiting, marketing, and athletic development efforts
4. Work events, including athletic contests and programs, in order to market and promote the DIA in both real-world and digital areas
5. Responsible for the development, design, and implementation of graphic design efforts for individual sport assignments and the DIA
6. Assist with environmental branding assignments within athletics facilities when applicable
7. Collaborate as a part of the design team as well as partners across all sports and departments, with the goal of elevating and carrying the visual brand through to all forms of communication, including digital/social design needs
8. Provide marketing support to programs and staff members when necessary
9. Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or related field.
Minimum of one to three years professional design experience. Experience in the full Adobe Creative Suite. Required skills also include strong knowledge of the print process, layout and the ability to work in many styles. Must work well in a collaborative, team environment. Must possess a broad understanding and passion for innovative design-preferably within athletics. Must be detail oriented, and a self-motivator who can generate ideas for both independent and collaborative projects. Must be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at one time. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies, the creation of marketing plans, excellent communication and computer skills, ability to perform detail-oriented yet creative work, and a willingness to handle multiple public speaking assignments.
Basic knowledge of web and digital trends and technologies, typography and color theory. Experience in After Effects and photography a plus. Experience working with Macs. Knowledge of NCAA Division I athletics is important.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date.
Application: To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before January 8, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, link to online portfolio, names of three references, and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Adam Marantz, email@example.com
Interviews may take place prior to closing date but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a member of the Big Ten Conference and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director, Marketing and Creative - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700772)
Open Date: 12/14/2017
Close Date: 01/08/2018
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics