Administrator, Student Records
Responsible for the daily coordination and supervision of the Student Records front office. Executes daily and term driven processes in an accurate and efficient manner to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of academic records maintaining compliance with FERPA, and other college policies, state and federal regulations. Provides administrative support to the Director of Student Records.
Examples of Duties:
- Highly proficient in processing student records in Ellucian Banner INB and Self-Service for the daily and term driven execution of records and registration processing and maintains best practice
- Provides excellent customer services to inquiries over the phone, email or in-person in regard to the procedures of the records office, including incoming and outgoing mail, in addition to providing coverage and support to the records counter on as needed basis.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting to the Clearinghouse during established reporting intervals throughout the academic year and works to resolve error resolution report problems.
- Responsible for the Deans and President's list letters and certificates and early alert letters.
- Responsible for supervising the input of transfer credits to student's academic record after the evaluation has been completed according to the college's procedures for transfer credit.
- Proficient in the following student records Banner processes: name/address changes, records correspondence, placing record holds,academic amnesty, administrative withdrawals, chargebacks, verifications, deferments, course registration, residency reports, building archival academic history, diplomas and transcripts, processing graduation and commencement information and academic standing.
- Proficient in the transcript processes in INB, including EDI software and BDM software for document imaging
- Supports Director in testing new Banner functionality and systems upgrades.
- Assists with maintenance of the records room and retention compliance in accordance with state regulations for records storage.
- Supports the director in the creation and maintenance of program and course revisions in Banner's master course catalog which includes new programs, courses, test scores, pre-requisites, and de-activation of programs approved by the Curriculum Committee or college policies. Responsible for the college's reporting to NJ Transfer in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures the integrity and confidentiality of academic records maintaining compliance with FERPA, and other college policies, state and federal regulations.
- Supervises the process for duplicate PIDM maintenance for student records office.
- Assists with maintenance of student records procedures documentation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate degree with three years of supervisory experience in higher education student records office
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Suite and Banner INB Student Records forms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively plan and prioritize projects and work according to established deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Student Records procedures
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy
- Commitment to a student centered culture
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies