Working Title: Budget Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 03-08-2018
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Budget Analyst is responsible for the financial analysis, reporting, and project management financial support of capital and non-capital construction projects within Facilities Management's work order and project management systems. A successful candidate will possess excellent critical thinking and analytical skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills. The candidate must be willing to challenge current processes and work with others to implement efficiencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong analytical and numerical ability. Working knowledge of financial operations. Ability to analyze and present information.
2. Working knowledge of University, state, and federal policies and regulations. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to research and author financial reports and present findings to a wider audience.
4. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Works with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
5. Proficiency in computer applications, especially with numerical and statistical applications, such as Excel. Ability to learn and master a variety of database and software programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84059