Assistant Teacher Infant/Toddler-Two (UCP 1)
Job Title: Assistant Teacher Infant/Toddler-Two (UCP 1)
Job ID: 2018446
Location: Storrs Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under the supervision of designated supervisor or Master Teacher, teaches infants/toddler two aged children and assists with the research and student training of the Human Development and Family Studies Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches young children directly, providing for individual needs in all areas of development; arranges classroom environment to meet developmental needs as directed by the Teacher/Master Teacher.
- Assists in planning and carrying out curriculum and program by observing and documenting children's growth and development in coordination with other classroom teachers.
- Assists in planning curriculum, program goals and classroom procedures in accordance with the philosophy of the Child Development Labs.
- Maintains contact with parents through daily connections and communications.
- May oversee classroom management in the absence of the Teacher/Master Teacher.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Associates degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- Completed practicum work or one to two years successful experience working with young children in a group setting.
- Ability to relate to young children in an energetic and enthusiastic manner.
- Ability to lift and carry a child up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit on floor to engage in play with young children.
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education or child development.
- Completed practicum experience with State of CT Teacher Certification or ECTC.
- Ability to work independently.
- Completed coursework or professional development related to working with children with special needs and/or challenging behaviors.
- Experience in a Team Teaching environment.
- Experience using CT ELDS.
- Experience in a lab school setting.
This is a 10-month (85% position) with salary paid over 12 months.
Please submit resume, cover letter, transcripts, certification/credentials and 3 letters of professional reference via UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Review of applications will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018446)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on March 22, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.