Toulouse Grad Sch-Dean's Off - 142100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Occasional evenings & weekends
The Toulouse Graduate School, with its outstanding faculty, high academic standards, and diverse student body, provides abundant opportunities for graduate students by offering over 100 master's and doctoral programs in a variety of disciplines.
The Toulouse Graduate School Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with managing various aspects of graduate program/curriculum maintenance including Gainful Employment, Grad Track, Academic Standing, 99-hr Rule Processing, Student Appeals and General Administration.
* Serves as a resource to students, faculty and staff for policy or procedural questions and makes appropriate referrals and recommendations to the senior director.
* Collaboratively works with Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Office and Senior Director, TGS, on annual report submission and student disclosures.
* Understands and is able to assist in interpreting all rules required by the THECB, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and Department of Education regarding Gainful Employment.
* Maintains student record data for Grad Track; monitors student enrollments; serves as the Grad Track Expert.
* Submits academic standing notifications for graduate students on suspension, dismissal or probation at the end of every semester and coordinates with the Registrar's Office regarding the changes needed to the Schedule of Classes regarding suspensions and dismissals.
* Analyzes state report data and student data for EIS reconciliation; notifies students near or over the 99-hr rule limit; completes biannual report to THECB.
* Coordinates senior director approvals and student communication regarding appeals to student records and billing.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience with UNT's Student Information System.
* Familiarity with academic policies and procedures to faculty, staff and students as they relate to admission, registration and special programs.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting