ADMIN & FINANCIAL OFFICER
Duties: The Administrative and Financial Officer (AFO) will serve as the Research Operations Manager for the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care. Responsibilities include oversight and management of all university administrative and financial activities of the Division. This includes responsibility for establishing and monitoring university administrative policy and infrastructure; overseeing human resource functions, including managing salaries for all University personnel within the Division; providing leadership, professional development, and supervision to all staff, including training, mentorship and compliance oversight of research including a center and institute. The position is responsible for all university budgets and financial transactions processed within the Division. This person will have full responsibility for the administration of research-related funds, gift and endowment funds, ADF and operating funds within PACC.
Qualifications: * The minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and 5 to 7 years of experience in similar field or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required. Experience in academic medicine grants management and business operations strongly preferred.
* Extensive skills in financial analysis and budgetary management.
* Previous experience supervising staff.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships regarding fiscal policy, budgets, funding, contracts, research operations and administration.
* Ability to work among a team of High level scientists and physicians while facilitating effective communication between staff and faculty.
Reference Number: 40-28148
Salary Grade: 029
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care
Job Family: D-Financial