Salary: $39,484 - $55,979
Title: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 03/08/2018
Position Information: The Administrative Assistant in the Psychology Department performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities in a high volume, fast paced
environment to facilitate the efficient operation of the unit. The Psychology department is comprised of 40 faculty, 8 staff, 100+ graduate students and number of
other academic and staff appointees.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience in an office setting
Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a busy work environment.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Experience working with confidential documents.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in an academic department in higher education.
Experience working with UCR systems and policy.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview