Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
The department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider III.
The critical care Advanced Practice Provider (APP) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
The critical care APP generally functions as a member of the ICU medical management team. This is often within a designated intensive care.
Advanced Practice Provider III/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, acute care certification is preferred.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Lifting and pulling objects over 50lbs, standing for long periods of time.
7:00am-6:00pm or until surgery cases completed
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * For Nurse Practitioner applicants, do you have a current certification in Acute Care, or are eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- I am a Physician Assistant
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter