Facilities Maintenance Worker 1
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Facilities Maintenance Worker 1
Job Number: 2018268
Location: San Marcos
Department: Facilities Operations
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $1,905.00 - $2,290.00
Job Category: Non-Exempt
- Construction experience, including carpentry, sheet metal, and concrete work
- Ability and experience performing emergency maintenance and repairs
- Ability to interpret manuals, work orders, schematics, blueprints, and instructions, perform basic math, and safely and effectively use trade-specific equipment and tools
- Ability to complete successfully Animal Control Officer (ACO) certification within six (6) months of employment
- Previous employment in higher education or government
- Skill in working with a diverse customer base in a professional and effective manner.
- Proficiency using e-mail and hand-held electronic devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Tablet, etc.)
- Experience with AiM & SAP
Responsible for providing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair services on university facilities and equipment
- Respond to all University facilities-related work orders/requests, radio calls, and emergencies, and support special events.
- Perform preventative maintenance on roofs, clean drain lines and gutters, and inspect for leaks and make repairs as needed. Repair areas damaged by roof leaks.
- Disassemble and assemble, repair and install campus signage, plaques and maps. Form and pour concrete footings for signs as needed.
- Clean and make repairs to Spring Lake dam. Record dam levels.
- Repair, replace, and/or maintain exterior railings, fences, gates, sidewalks and exterior stairs.
- Perform removal of bats, wasp nests, raccoons, and other wildlife from in and around campus buildings.
- Provide all services with a commitment to a high standard of safety and customer service.
- Required to stand paid, rotational “on call” with other Shop employees.
Additional Information to Applicants:
- Applicants must attach a COVER LETTER that addresses how their knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience meet each of the required qualifications.
- Texas State University offers competitive benefits such as Teacher Retirement System (TRS) enrollment, Wellness leave allowance, Class Release leave allowance, and paid time off annually for the University's Winter Break closure. Some restrictions apply. Visit http://www.hr.txstate.edu/benefits.html for more information.
Job Open Date: 03/07/2018
Job Close Date: 3/28/2018
Open Until Filled:
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 7:30 AM
Normal Work Hours End: 4:30 PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER., Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce