San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Job Number: 2018265
Location: San Marcos
Department: Facilities Operations
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $2,900.00 - $3,100.00
Job Category: Non-Exempt
- Experience estimating materials and labor for painting projects
- Experience proficiently matching paint color/hue to existing surfaces
- Experience preparing surfaces for paint and stain, including drywall patching and preparation
- Ability to communicate professionally with painters, customers, management, and other stakeholders
- Experience in higher education and/or government
- Experience leading a team of painters in simple and complex painting assignments
- Ability to evaluate crew members' job proficiency and make recommendations for needed skills training and professional development
- Knowledge of MSDS compliance
- Proficiency using e-mail and portable electronic devices
- Experience using SAP and AiM
Responsible for performing and overseeing skilled work in painting University buildings, fixtures and equipment, furniture and facilities.
Perform skilled work in painting University buildings, structures, fixtures, equipment, and furniture on campus properties. Provide leadership and instruction to team of painters. Accurately estimate job materials and costs. Maintain safe and efficient work sites. Work independently on tasks assigned by the supervisor with little or no supervision while exercising independent judgment in scheduling and assigning painters to various duties. Work both indoors and outdoors using ladders and scaffolds and trade-specific tools and materials. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants:
- Applicants must explain in a cover letter how their knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience match the required qualifications.
- Texas State University offers incredible benefits such as Teacher Retirement System (TRS) enrollment, Wellness leave allowance, Class Release leave allowance, and paid time off annually for the University's Winter Break closure. Some restrictions apply. Visit http://www.hr.txstate.edu/benefits.html for more information.
Job Open Date: 03/07/2018
Job Close Date: 3/28/2018
Open Until Filled:
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 7:30 a.m
Normal Work Hours End: 4:30 p.m
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce