Union Level: V
Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
Campus: San Francisco
Posting Number: 201301292P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Position is full-time, 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week
Position End Date:
Open Date: 03/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the general supervision of the Director, Design and Photo Services, performs various administrative, creative and technical duties.
1. Maintain photography archive; locate stock photos for projects and clients;
establish and maintain key wording and back-up for all images and files.
2. Batch process and archive files and digital photos/handling sensitive material when scanning.
3. Assist with graphic design for multiple departments— web, print, and digital, including UX design, movies, and presentations.
4. Produce and perform upkeep of composites throughout the school year.
5. Troubleshoot and perform research regarding software, hardware and equipment orders; maintain communication with vendors.
6. Assist with manual and electronic production of graphics and photo projects, i.e., scanning, processing, printing, trimming, photo research, and electronic filing;
7. Assist the photographer on photo shoots; perform post-production photo editing and publishing to the web; perform additional solo-photography work for events, headshots and environmental needs.
8. Manage ads for Contact Point Magazine and Annual CHIPS Yearbook invoice and payments; pursue and inform potential advertisers, prepare contracts, maintain all advertising information and prepare ad list; contribute in greyline production and distribution of Contact Point magazine and CHIPS yearbooks.
9. Perform administrative duties to include mail-merges in various programs, creation of fillable PDFs, order office supplies.
10. Prepare requisitions, purchase orders, and check requests; prepare monthly billing for all graphics and photography jobs; maintain up-to-date billing spreadsheets; maintain records of purchases and services rendered; monitor budget spreadsheet for balances and inconsistencies.
11. Answer telephones; greet and direct walk-in clients; provide calendar assistance.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director, Design and Photo Services.
1. Macintosh computer formats.
2. Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Bridge, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and various scanning software applications and methods.
3. Office methods, procedures, and stocking supplies.
4. Graphic design, photography and production.
1. Operate Macintosh operating system.
2. Design (layout, typography, concepts, Adobe Software)
3. Type 40 wpm.
1. Minimum two years increasingly responsible administrative experience.
2. Minimum one year Macintosh experience.
3. Bookkeeping experience helpful.
High school diploma or equivalent.
1. Multi-task and integrate assignments with on-demand need for service.
2. Organize and prioritize assignments.
3. Learn and implement new skills and software/databases quickly and effectively. Be flexible and adaptive to changes in departmental needs.
4. Project a professional image and demonstrate strong, effective communicative and interpersonal skills with faculty, staff, students and vendors.
5. Provide positive and professional customer service.
College degree in Visual Communications, Photography, Design or combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse, and phone. Use of paper cutter, straight edge/x-acto knives.
2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, reaching, bending and walking.
3. Occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs.
Hiring Range: $29.81 per hour
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11600
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.