Director, Real Estate Services & Executive Director, W & M Real Estate Foundation
William and Mary Real Estate Foundation purpose is to acquire, hold, manage, sell, lease, and participate in the development of real properties in support of the educational goals of the College of William and Mary.
William & Mary invites highly qualified applicants to apply for the Director, Real Estate Services & Exec Director, W&M Real Estate Foundation position. The ideal candidate have proven skills in message development, audience identification and communications management, with the proven ability to foster and maintain strong public relations with outside leaders.
As Director of Real Estate Services, this position supports University offices in evaluating the need for, and lease of office, classroom, laboratory, storage or other spaces to support existing or new programs/activities. As Executive Director, this position manages the activities of the William & Mary Real Estate Foundation.
Reporting to the Sr VP for Finance & Administration, the Executive Director recommends to the Board strategic real estate plans/actions in support of William & Mary strategic objectives, and acquiring, managing, and disposing of real estate consistent with those strategic plans.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Researches & evaluates new business opportunities. Structures and coordinates real estate development negotiations
- Supports University offices in evaluating the need for, and lease of office, classroom, laboratory, storage or other spaces to support existing or new programs/activities.
- Recommends strategic real estate plans to the Board in support of William & Mary’s strategic objectives. Acquires, manages, and disposes of real estate consistent with those strategic plans.
- Directs financial activities, including presenting the annual budget and financial reports to the Real Estate Foundation Board.
- Develops and maintains Board relations. Recommends to the Board and implements Foundation policies.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate management, operations and financing. Working knowledge of financial and accounting systems.
- Strong computer skills (particularly in MS Office Suite).
- Strong presentation platforms skills with the ability to connect and maintain strong public relations with outside leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the proven ability to interact with all levels of employees and external contacts including politicians, state and local officials, business executives and the media.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple and complex projects concurrently at a high-level of independence effectively.
Significant experience in real estate and space management.
Advanced degree in business administration, finance, law or other appropriate field is highly preferred.
- Significant and progressively responsible experience in real estate management/ operations/finance.
- Experience in higher education / familiarity with William & Mary is a plus.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.