Posting Number: 0000761
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: President's Office
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Internal Auditor is responsible for participating in or leading complex financial, operational, and compliance audits. Plans, prioritizes, manages, and performs multiple projects and tasks. This position has high visibility and exposure and is directly accountable to the President of the college. Incumbent must be able to influence and advocate recommendations to management for the areas examined.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs internal audit projects per approved audit plan in accordance with professional standards; plans projects appropriately, including determining objectives, scope and criteria; gathers sufficient, reliable and relevant evidence from individuals or systems, documents the conditions noted and the related findings, analyses the information/data so that conclusions can be reached, develops actionable recommendations for improvement, compliance, or resolution.
- Prepares audit reports for review and issuance by the President.
- Performs internal quality assessment reviews for projects, as assigned.
- Works as a team member or individually in conducting audit projects.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external contacts, utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills; responsible for following up on the status of management's corrective action plans.
- Assists in performing a comprehensive, annual, system-wide risk assessment and in developing an annual audit plan based on risk assessment.
- Performs special projects as necessary, including investigations of complaints/allegations analyzing confidential and sensitive information.
- Directs and assists external consultants and auditors as needed.
- Keep abreast of industry practices, rules, and regulations related to the internal auditing profession.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field
- Five (5) years of full-time experience in auditing, including four (4) years of supervisory or project management experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Advanced knowledge and practice of the governmental general accepted auditing standards (GAAS), International Professional Practices Framework, accounting and auditing pronouncements, and the Committee of Sponsoring (COSO) internal controls framework, and fraud deterrence guidance
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, or standards that affect students, employees, or vendors, including Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology, Project Management Body of Knowledge, federal and state laws, regulations and rules, and various government and higher education industry standards or best practices, such as the Texas Administrative Code
- Skill in using information technology hardware/devices, Microsoft products, and project management tools, and knowledge of and skill in using data mining/analysis software to extract and report information
- Knowledge of how routine business processes should be integrated with administrative system functions, such as PeopleSoft, etc.
- Interpersonal skills to achieve desired outcomes with the Lee College staff, faculty, and leadership at all levels, as well as with students, vendors, and other external agencies, etc.
- Skill in identifying problems and formulating actionable recommendations for process improvements or for problem resolution
- Excellent negotiating, advocating, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to display personal initiative and to adapt, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information dealing with students, employees, and vendors to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have the ability to influence and advocate recommendations to management for the areas examined
- Experience in a higher education setting
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/4736
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.