Assistant/Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership, 10 Month Tenure Track, Starts 9-1-18
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Assistant/Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership (10 Month, Tenure Track)
Anticipated start date for one or more positions: September 1, 2018
The Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership is an interdisciplinary program that includes students from various career areas including business, K-12 education, higher education, non-profit, faith-based, health care, and government agencies/services. We recently admitted our third cohort and have approximately 70 students pursuing the degree. Students complete onsite coursework on alternate weekends (Friday evening and Saturday) during the academic year, and a weeklong intensive course in July (Sunday night through Friday afternoon) for the first two years. The final three semesters involve a Dissertation-in-Practice as described by the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate. For more information regarding the program, visit www.stockton.edu/edd.
Under the direction of the Dean, School of Education, the Assistant/Associate Professor of Organizational Leadership will fulfill all the responsibilities and expectations of Stockton University faculty, as outlined in the University policies and procedures on faculty evaluation. Specifically, the Assistant/Associate Professor will serve in the following ways at Stockton:
- Teach courses in the organizational leadership program, particularly those involving vertical and horizontal leadership development and those courses (and advisorships) related to action research and dissertation-in-practice projects. Other graduate courses within the School of Education could be assigned as appropriate and necessary.
- Maintain a regular 24 TCH (3 graduate courses per term) load of graduate course offerings and one General Studies course each year.
- Advise and serve as preceptor for graduate students pursuing Organizational Leadership, and for students pursuing education concentrations or certifications in other programs in the School of Education.
- Participate in university events, including Open Houses, Graduate Information Sessions, Commencement, Scholarship, Fundraising, and other appropriate events.
- Remain abreast of current research and professional development on vertical and horizontal leadership as they apply to leadership capacity, knowledge, and skills.
- Assist with the process of curriculum development for the Organizational Leadership Program.
- Maintain a scholarly professional development agenda that is commensurate with the Assistant/Associate Professor levels.
- Provide service to the University, community, and profession.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Education and/or the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- All Stockton faculty members are expected to demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
A Ph.D., Ed.D., or equivalent Doctorate in business, K-12 education, higher education, non-profit, faith-based, health care, or government agencies/services, or in another organization type (MD or JD, as examples) is required for appointment to the Assistant/Associate Professor positions.
- Teaching and/or postdoctoral experience in organizational leadership programs, related experiences, and action research are preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of horizontal and vertical leadership development, coaching and mentoring, polarity management, and complexity science are preferred.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest briefly describing qualifications and accomplishments, and specifying the position, or positions, for which the application is being submitted.
- A curriculum vitae and/or resume.
- A short (approximately 1- page) teaching, coaching and mentoring statement, responding to the question: Why should anyone want to be taught and coached by you?
- Three documents (approximately 1-page each) showing evidence of teaching effectiveness (One being a self-assessment, one being a peer-assessment, and one being another evidential document of the applicant’s choice).
- A short description of scholarship interests and research capabilities, specific to leadership growth and development
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts.
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.