Planned Giving Specialist
Job Title: Planned Giving Specialist
Job ID: 24486
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Development, UA
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Planned Giving, the Planned Giving Specialist is responsible for several key functions within the planned giving team: administration of estates in progress, execution of the Heritage Society cultivation strategy, maintenance of the planned giving marketing efforts, event coordination, donor correspondence and other administrative tasks.
The Planned Giving Specialist is expected to interact with the Directors of Development, Tower Foundation, Advancement Services, estate attorneys, paralegals, institutional and individual trustees and executors, donors and their family members, and the CSU Foundation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute on processing and record keeping associated with realized planned gifts and those in progress or probate.Process and respond as needed by distributing appropriate documents to external entities (attorneys, superior court, financial institutions and individuals).Ensure appropriate internal distribution of documents and that planned gifts are properly recorded and allocated according to their intended purposes.
- Execute the proper filing of documents and notifications for charitable gift annuities with the CSU Foundation.
- Prepare gift acknowledgement, donor trust and pooled income fund reports;
- Maintain hard file and e-file records; conduct some data entry and retrieval;
- Process invoices, track expenditures, budget reporting as needed;
- Prepare Crescendo illustrations and valuations for charitable gift annuities and trusts;
- Field incoming planned giving request phone calls.
Stewardship and Cultivation
- Execute on planned giving cultivation plan for Heritage Society members and planned giving prospects, including phone calls, letters, emails, invitations and recording those contacts.
- Collaborate with members of the Development team on cultivation efforts within the various colleges (Directors of Development) and campus wide (Alumni Affairs).
- Manage portfolio of selected Heritage Society members for personal stewardship
- Maintain planned giving marketing collateral and website content
- Produce and maintain prospect and professional advisor lists
- Coordinate placement of planned giving marketing materials in campus-wide and college publications and e-communications, annual fund efforts (where appropriate) and the SJSU planned giving website
- Coordinate with outside vendors in preparing lists for email/direct mail for new prospect recruitment.
- Assist as needed on cultivation plan for professional advisors
- Collaborate as appropriate with the UA Events staff, donors, alumni, ERFA, professional advisors and other community groups on the logistics of planned giving events, including the Heritage Society Luncheon and Reception, informational planned giving seminars and other presentations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24486.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.