When Bay Path opened its doors in 1897 to students in downtown Springfield, MA, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student and start them on the road to success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us - and we have many - but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning, to leadership, to experience, and to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate degrees for women, graduate degrees for women and men, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders (WELL) initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Position Code: AAPTT
Job Type: Part-time, temporary
Hours: Up to 19 hours per week for up to 3-months
Schedule: Approximately 2.5 days per week/ Schedule to be determined
Position Location: Springfield, MA
The Admissions Assistant supports student recruitment for The American Women's College (TAWC) at Bay Path University. This position is designed for a sincere and highly motivated individual who works well independently and together with an established team.
The position will support recruitment efforts by making outbound calls to potential students, communicating with potential students through written communication, answering incoming calls and interacting with website visitors via live chat.
The successful candidate will be one who is articulate, organized, mission- and results-driven, and capable of learning quickly about TAWC's many degree programs and academic policies.
This is a part-time, temporary position with an expected duration of about three months. Satisfactory performance in this role would position the candidate well for consideration for positions, for which they meet the requirements, that may become available in the future at The American Women's College.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Reach out engagingly by phone to interested prospective students to educate them on degree program options, and assess their interest and readiness to move forward.
- Respond quickly to live chat messages that will request general and sometimes very specific information.
- Answer incoming calls and emails with friendly, confident and professional demeanor.
- Educate prospective students on Bay Path University's academic programs and admissions requirements.
- Use variety of software for daily tasks including Salesforce, LiveChat and Voice Over Internet Phones (VOIP), MS Word and Excel.
- Maintain internal and external customer service orientation daily.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Participate in occasional admissions outreach activities such as phone-a-thons, info sessions, etc.
- If you are to operate a College-owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- This list of essential job functions and other responsibilities is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. A supervisor or director may assign other duties and/or other duties at alternate locations to meet mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- Bachelor's degree, earned or in progress.
- Passion for supporting student recruitment, enrollment, persistence and graduation.
- Familiarity with mission and unique student population of the Bay Path University's The American Women's College.
- Familiarity with women's college environment and/or the needs of adult learners.
- Energetic, positive attitude when working independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening, articulate and persuasive speaking, clear and correct writing.
- Ability to represent the college in a mature professional manner.
- Ability to make decisions thoughtfully and use good judgement in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to recruit for and work well within a diverse community.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed university and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to work from home occasionally, with reliable access to a computer, phone line, and dependable high-speed internet connection.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco-free community as of July 1, 2018.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.