Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Associate Director of Information Technology
Position Summary: As part of the Information and Analysis group in Information Technology, the Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting administrative systems by providing technical support, training, and guidance to departments and end-users, as well as performing system administration, configuration, and programming tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement, document, test, and maintain administrative software solutions, including any assigned modules of Colleague from Ellucian, North Park’s ERP
- Work with end user departments as primary technical support for assigned administrative systems and Colleague modules
- Assist in documenting policies and procedures for IT and campus-wide
- Work with vendor technical support to resolve issues beyond NPU's expertise
- Research new technologies and provide insight into their usefulness within North Park’s current and future systems and workflows
- Attend on-campus and off-campus training sessions, meetings, and conferences as directed and necessary for job performance and professional development
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in technology or information management
- Aptitude and experience with programming and scripting languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively, via verbal and written methods, with both technical and non-technical personnel regarding information technology issues
- Demonstrated aptitude for new technology, systems design, and programming
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to occasionally work off-hours to maintain availability of critical systems
- Personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience in an academic environment with campus ERP systems, especially Colleague from Ellucian.