Technology Support Generalist
LOCATION: District/Signal Peak Campus – Coolidge, Arizona
JOB SUMMARY: Perform technical installation and maintenance of the College’s computer and telecommunications network systems at all College sites.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Install, repair, maintain, and test computer hardware, network hardware, multimedia hardware, and related peripherals including: printers, scanners, projectors, and all in ones, and digital telephones.
- Install district-wide software, both stand-alone and network, for instructional or administrative use.
- Provide consultation service, information, instruction, and support to end-users and departments over the phone, via email, and in person. Troubleshoots problems on computers, software, telephone equipment, multimedia equipment, and peripherals.
- Perform a variety of tasks in support of the Information Technology department as needed to include, but not limited to, database updates, inventory control, and project support.
- Modify Active Directory user accounts per existing procedures. This activity addresses the resetting of passwords and locked out accounts.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree - or - Relevant Technical Certifications –and/or- Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years related experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Driving and travel throughout the district is required using CAC or own transportation is considered an essential function of the position.
Licenses and Certificates: This position may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., MCSE). This position requires a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application
Desired Certifications: MCSE, Dell, Apple, A +, Security +, Cisco
Special Notice Items: This position may be required to work rotating shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. This position will require to successful completion of an additional personal background verification due to need for this position to access law enforcement, corrections, or court facilities, property, and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications, and data base systems. This position may require occasionally inmate contact.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of the operation, installation, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of personal computer, computer peripherals.
- Knowledge of the operation, installation, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multimedia equipment.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures in performing various job tasks.
- Knowledge of the installation, operation, and troubleshooting of a variety of software applications including operating systems, Office Suite, etc.
- Knowledge of the operations of networks operating systems.
- Skill in communication; interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, faculty, and staff.
- Skill in the operation, installation, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of VOIP telephones.
- Skill in written documentation of technical steps taken in issue resolution.
- Skill in working independently to complete tasks.
- Skill in prioritizing work tasks and in completing them according to plan and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the educational environment and academic processes.
- Skill in working as part of a team.
SALARY: Entry salary is $38,751.00
Open until filled. First review: Monday, March 26, 2018.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Central Arizona College application
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work (For position vacancy that requires college level coursework or degrees)
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process.
The Office of Talent Development is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College prohibits discrimination in employment and educational programs based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.