Faculty Position in Information Systems
Open October 24th, 2017 through June 30th, 2018
Faculty Position in Information Systems
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine is seeking candidates to fill a tenure-track position in Information Systems to begin as early as July 1, 2018. The position may be at any rank: Assistant Professor (untenured), Associate Professor (with tenure) or Full Professor (with tenure).
We are seeking individuals with active research programs in Information Systems, especially candidates who specialize in the Economics of Information Systems or in Business Analytics. Preference may be given to candidates who are qualified to teach courses in advanced data analytics (e.g. machine learning, natural language processing, and big data management). Evidence of or the potential for excellent teaching in the MBA core is desirable. A Ph.D. in Information Systems or relevant discipline, completed by Summer 2018, is required. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The School's programs are focused on developing leaders for a digitally-driven world. It offers full-time, part-time, and executive MBA programs, a Master of Science in Business Analytics, four specialized Masters programs, a Bachelor's in Business Administration, a Bachelor's in Information Management (joint with the School of Information and Computer Science), and a high-quality Ph.D. program. The School is committed to research and scholarship with teaching responsibilities in the Ph.D., MBA and Undergraduate Programs.
The Information Systems faculty at Merage have long been recognized for their research and scholarship. Information Systems faculty have served on the editorial boards of Information Systems Research, Management Science and MIS Quarterly. The School places its Ph.D. graduates in the best research universities.
To learn more about the Information Systems Area, please visit http://merage.uci.edu/Faculty/AcademicAreas/InformationSystems.aspx.
For information about the University of California, Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, learn more at http://www.merage.uci.edu/.
To apply, visit UC Irvine's RECRUIT at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04346.
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) Curriculum Vitae
(2) Cover Letter
(3) Statement of Research
(4) Statement of Teaching
(5) Statement of Contributions to Diversity
(6) Three Letters of Recommendation (Assistant level); Seven References (names only) - an offer at the Associate or Full Professor level will involve a review for tenure
(7) Teaching Evaluations
(8) Publications, working papers, and dissertation proposal (if others are co-authored)
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by December 1, 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact:
Faculty Recruitment Coordinator
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3125
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Required for final consideration
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Teaching Evaluations - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Publications, working papers, and dissertation proposal (if others are co-authored) - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-10 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now